Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Sage Restaurant and Wine Bar, The Gardens Kuala Lumpur

The Gardens Kuala Lumpur is a new extension of an upper class of shopping just adjacent to Mid Valley Mall, Kuala Lumpur. I was invited to Sage by a close friend one evening, he called me and said, I will bring you to one of the fine dining in KL in The Gardens, I have not heard of Sage before this.

Sage's owner also owns the famous French-Japs fusion Cilantro at the Micasa All Suites Hotel along Jalan Tun Razak. I did dine at Cilantro many years back before I started blogging.
It was closed to Xmas when we were there.


Entrance to Sage - decorated with wide varieties of wines

Coming back to Sage, the day we were there, they were having a promotion on Truffle, yes, delicacy of this special fungus. There is black or white Truffle to choose from the special Truffle Menu....everything on the menu looked very appetizing and I had difficulty to nail down on one, I wish I have an extra stomach to sample everything on the menu albeit watching on my diet as I am on above average on cholesterol
barometer.

Chef's complimentary starter;


For Appetizer, I decided on Ramen with shaved White Truffle and Parmesan cheese, the aroma of the white truffle is strong and couple with the creamy sauce it really went well with Ramen, (Japs fusion!)
Ramen with shaved White Truffle


A closer look of the white and black truffle on the right and left respectively.



As for the main course, I picked from the white truffle menu, Slow cooked lamb rack with blue cheese, shaved with white truffle and Shiromiso sauce. I had requested for almost well done yet moist and juicy for the lamb rack and surprisingly the chef did manage to prepare it that way. Lamb rack was tender and juicy coupled witht he Shiromiso soup, it's was great, the truffle was a bonus to the already yummy taste of this dish.


The dessert was only so so and nothing great perhaps my expectation was set higher after the two courses that I had !

All in all, it was a great experience.

No comments: