Friday, November 30, 2012

You Huak Restaurant, Sembawang Singapore



555....(if you know Thai, you know what I mean here!). I have been MIA since then, went for alot of 'makan' (eat/dine in Malay), but just did not manage to find time in between my hectic life to make any post.

Went for cycling with my riding 'kaki' (buddy in Malay), part of our training ride after a series of too much food. We had wanted to visit this place the last time we were at the vicinity but could not locate it, so this time my buddy did his homework and got the direction right. Were there rather early, before noon, to beat the lunch crowd.

Quench our thirst after the tough training ride, while awaiting the specialties of the restaurant, located on 22 Jalan Tampang, tuck in corner row of a series of shoplot, opposite the Sembawang Shopping Centre.


Closer view of the white beehoon, full of seafood

distant view to show the portion for about 2-3 pax

This is indeed tasty, with the wok taste and the egg based gravy is flavorful, was told that they used chicken bone for the gravy. As time passed, the meehoon will soak the gravy and all the flavor is infused into the beehoon adding to the oommph.......as I don't favor squid, perhaps if they add pork fillet instead may complete my experience. Besides, this we also ordered a plate of Foo Yong egg, chinese omelette, (nothing extra ordinary so I did not take the pic). For the record, I love KL hokkien mee (dark fat noodle), there is also the hokkien beehoon, but its not on my list of favorites fried noodles. There are times, when I go for the hokkien beehoon, I would ordered one without black sauce, but then, compared to this one, I would still rate this one as the top. Give me a KL hokkien mee, done in KL and a plate of ths You Huak white beehoon, it completes a noodle day for me.



No comments: