Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Chin Mee Chin Confectionery, East Coast Rd Singapore

Was passing by this road and my stomach was playing music when it was only about 130pm. First guess was, a ha, must not have lunch yet or early brunch. In fact, I had an early lunch at about 11+ am.

Address from the paper-box used for take away


My friend told me that Chin Mee Chin Confectionery serves great raisin bread, so I said - on. We were not so lucky that day, it was sold off, yes at this early hour of the day!

So we settled for the normal bun with kaya (Asian bread spread equivalent to jam but with coconut flavour - color wise - pale green or brown - the former with pandan flavour leave and the latter without) and butter.

Bun with kaya and a sllice of butter

I love the kaya flavour - taste like those old days kopi-tiam style. As I was sitting next to one of the fridges, can see that to provide fast service, there a few tubs of sliced butter in it.

I would go back for the bun and kaya but not the tea. Tea is just like the one ordinarily instant tea flavor despite them brewing and preparing using the cloth sock - traditional method.
visible sight where your beverage is prepared

Besides bun, I must say they do serve a varieties of other confectioneries, which I did not manage to take any pic as they were alot of people queuing for a take away.

No comments: