Wednesday, September 14, 2011

The Grill Tokyo - Siam Paragon Complex

It has been a long long time coming since I been to BKK. Those days, I would be there almost monthly if not every two months. When I was golf craze then, each trip a golf game must be on the agenda with the aim of playing different course each time. My recent trip here was a lightning one, steal some time and spent an afternoon at Siam Paragon complex. Heard of some upper class malls there but only this time that I managed to step into it. Little did I realise that it was near Siam Square and MBK, where I used to stayed in  my very very first trip many moon years ago ! Was amazed my the sheer size as there is Siam Centre, Siam Discovery and Siam Paragon all interconnected. Spent strolling the place while awaiting dinner time, had a drink at Taling Pling, tried the must drink - lemongrass drink. Dinner time comes, decided to have non-oily healthy food and Japanese comes to mind, there were a number of Japanese restaurants there, and chosen The Grill Tokyo. Spacious, with a few intimate tables in alcoves and large tables for groups at one end. Modern style with an open-plan kitchen.

As a start, ordered salmon belly, hamachi and Uni - part of a must in my shashimi ordering. Was lucky that they served yellowtail belly which allowed me to have enough good dose of healthy Omega-3 fish oil for the day.
Salmon Belly, Hamachi and Uni

Soy milk flavoured hot pot with sliced black pork and vegetables - delicious, I like the soup


Plain soba as a filler

Grilled hamachi with teriyaki sauce - too sweet (should have ordered with salt)


Did not have had enough so ordered another portion of hamachi, this time its a mixture - front perhaps the belly part and at the back, the typical normal hamachi. Taste yummy.


No comments: